The GOODS from La Mezcaleria
Vancouver, BC | La Mezcaleria Gastown is offering Vancouverites a boozy cure for a case of the Mondays with a cocktail competition on March 19 at 7pm.
Presented in partnership with Viejo Indecente Mezcal and Baboon Trading Co., the contest will see eight of the city’s top mixologists, including Brendan Grills, bar manager at La Mezcaleria Gastown, shaking up tasty and envelope-pushing drinks for their chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Oaxaca, Mexico. Other participants include Max Borrowman of Juniper Kitchen & Bar, Robyn Gray of Prohibition at the Rosewood Hotel, and Alex Carruthers of Chambar Restaurant.
La Mezcaleria Gastown will not offer full dinner service during the cocktail competition, but a limited menu of five tacos, including Rajas con Crema, Carnitas, and Tinga de Pollo, as well as guacamole and chips, will be available throughout the evening.
Guests are invited to be spectators at the event, which has free admission.
The cocktails will be judged by Talia Kleinplatz, founder of Two for the Bar; Viranlly Liemena, local cocktail connoisseur; and Gabriel Cabrera, photographer, food stylist, and recipe developer. The complete list of participating bartenders is as follows:
– Robyn Gray, Prohibition at The Rosewood Hotel
– Max Borrowman, Juniper Kitchen & Bar
– Alex Carruthers, Chambar Restaurant
– Brendan Grills, La Mezcaleria Gastown
– Philipp Karatsyupa, Ancora Waterfront Dining and Patio
– Brett Patton, Notch8 Restaurant & Bar at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
– Taylor Kare, Grain Tasting Bar at Hyatt Regency Vancouver
– Fraser Crawford, Hawksworth Restaurant