The GOODS from Nightingale
Vancouver, BC | Hawksworth Group’s newest addition — Nightingale — centrally located downtown, is currently looking for an experienced Sous Chef to help lead a kitchen brigade to culinary excellence.
Celebrating the here and now, Nightingale delivers fresh and vibrant modern Canadian cuisine that’s designed for the way people want to eat today, vegetable and grain-centric with pastas, pizzas and creative proteins to share.
– Management, leadership, and guidance to a team of 12-14 cooks during a busy service
– Assist in scheduling of culinary brigade and kitchen stewards
– Assists with menu creation, writing of menu syllabus and recipe packages
– Assist in completion of probation and annual reviews
– Attend weekly management meetings
– Promote a fun, professional, and disciplined work environment
– Ensuring awareness and completion of standards and expectations throughout the kitchen
– Strive to constantly improve all food preparation, presentations, and menu selections
– Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Head Chef
– 2-3 years of comparable kitchen management experience
– Familiar with high volume restaurants
– Able to administer discipline effectively and fairly
– Genuinely excited to work with the highest quality local produce available.
– Able to enforce an aggressive deep cleaning schedule.
This is a full-time, permanent role with a competitive salary, benefits, and gratuities. Please respond with your resume to email@example.com detailing why you would be a great fit for the Nightingale team.
While we thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Good luck!