The GOODS from gravitypope
Vancouver, BC | gravitypope is an independently owned boutique providing Canada with an extensive array of carefully chosen, beautiful, unique and handcrafted collections of footwear, clothing and accessories, gathered from all over the world.
gravitypope is growing and is looking for the right individual to fill the key role of Full Time Clothing Sales Associate. The Clothing Sales Associate is responsible for creating an atmosphere on the sales floor that fosters client realization, retention, and loyalty. Clothing Sales Associate compensation is commission-based and is directly tied to sales volume results.
Duties and responsibilities include:
– Providing exceptional customer service at all times
– Developing, maintaining, and growing a personal repeat client base
– Actively working to reach individual and store sales goals
– Staying up-to- date on all product knowledge, company information, promotions, and campaigns
– Performing store operational duties, such as cleaning and stocking, as required
– Acting as an ambassador and bringing positive recognition to the gravitypope brand
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
– Retail experience is an asset, but not necessary
– Superior customer service skills
– Genuine love of fashion
– Familiarity with gravitypope’s product, clientele, and brand
– Basic to intermediate computer skills
– Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize, as well as ensure a high quality of work completed within an acceptable timeframe
– High attention to detail
– Self motivated and goal oriented
– Capable of working independently and with others in a collaborative process gravitypope offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive employer-subsidized benefits package, a generous employee discount package, as well as the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment characterized by continued growth and strong business results.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to Jody Kirk, Sales Manager and Retail Operations Assistant, via email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
gravitypope Vancouver | 2205 West 4th Ave. | Vancouver, BC | V6K 1N9
Telephone: 604-731-7673 | Email: vancouver [at] gravitypope.com
gravitypope Tailored Goods | 2203 West 4th Ave. | Vancouver, BC | V6K 1N9
Telephone: 604-731-7647 | Email: tailoredgoodsvancouver [at] gravitypope.com
The People Who Make It Happen
Louise Dirks – Owner, CEO
Ramona Litwinowich – gravitypope Vancouver Manager
Natalie Tersigni – gravitypope Tailored Goods Manager
About The Company
Owner, CEO and principle buyer, Louise Dirks, opened the first gravitypope in spring 1990 in Edmonton, Alberta. Soon after, the store became recognized for stocking unique product with focus on quality and design. With the success of the Edmonton location, gravitypope opened a second footwear store in Calgary in 2000, and continued to grow moving west with a Vancouver location in 2004. After several years spent focusing on expanding the brand offerings, developing an in-house footwear collection and opening gravitypope Tailored Goods stores in both Edmonton and Vancouver; gravitypope moved east to Toronto in the fall of 2012 to open a micro-department store housing both the clothing and footwear collections.
Over the last 24 years gravitypope has built up an extensive footwear brand listings that ranges from popular sport, comfort and lifestyle brands to hard to find fashion and handmade artisan footwear from, Japan, and North America. Stocking over 175 footwear collections, gravitypope Vancouver offers quality footwear from around the globe: Adieu, Audley, Birkenstock, Camper, Chie Mihara, Chippewa, Church’s Clarks, Common Projects, Converse, Cydwoq, Dr. Martens, Fiorentini and Baker, Fluevog, Fly London, Frye, Gentle Souls by Kenneth Cole, John Varvatos, Michael Kors, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Moma, N.D.C., Native, New Balance, Officine Creative, Paul Smith, Rachel Comey, Red Wing, Repetto, See by Chloe, T & F Slack, Tracey Neuls, Trippen, Vans, Vic Matie, Wolverine and more.
In line with the footwear stores, gravitypope Tailored Goods has grown to offer a carefully curated selection men’s and women’s clothing and accessories from around the world, including: Acne, Alexander Wang, Antipast, Band of Outsiders, Beth Richards, Carven, Christian Wijnants, Clu, Comme des Garcons, Creatures of Comfort, Engineered Garments, Filippa K, Forte_Forte, Fortnight, Fred Perry, Isable Marant, Jil Sander Navy, Liberty London, Maison Kitsune, Margaret Howell, Marni, Naked and Famous, Nudie Jeans, Paul Smith, Peter Jensen, Pomandere, Rag & Bone, Reigning Champ, Robert Geller, SNS Herning, Stephan Schneider, Sofie D’Hoore, Veronique Branquinho, Yoshi Kondo and Wings + Horns.
With six stores opened across Canada and a (newly designed) web-store, gravitypope is looking forward to celebrating its quarter century mark by continuing to offer exceptional service, quality product and a selection worth the trip.