The GOODS from Chambar
Vancouver, BC | Chambar is seeking a confident, experienced, and energetic Floor Manager to join our team.
– Ability to manage a high performing team, with the skills to energize staff by creating an atmosphere of trust, accessibility, optimism and integrity.
– Highly experienced with an honest passion for creating exceptional customer experiences that are unpretentious and genuine.
– Willing to share service passions and knowledge with humility and a genuine desire to exceed expectations.
– A team player who takes initiative, leads by example, is self aware, not afraid to take risks, and learn from failures.
– Strives to be a leader that ultimately contributes to a better future.
– Leads through empowerment and accountability over authority.
– Willing to embrace Chambar’s unique values based culture.
– Communicates with transparency and respect.
– Interacts with an authentic approach to people of all backgrounds, styles, and interests.
– Creates strong relationships with staff, partners, customers and our community.
– Innate ability to manage room pace, has common sense and the ability to escalate issues or concerns to the right people in a positive, solution oriented manner.
Some key requirements and responsibilities include:
– Performance and management of the Front of House team.
– Full availability for AM and PM Service is a must.
– This role is also responsible for executing operational and administrative duties.
– Experience with Bookenda, OpenTable or equivalent reservation system.
– Opening and/or Closing responsibilities
– Oversees the training and development of new staff
– Executing operational and administrative duties
All interested individuals are invited to send their resumes to tia [at] chambar.com.
Owner / Operators: Nico and Karri Schuermans
Chef: Nico Schuermans
Executive Chef: Michael Paolino
Sommeliers: Kaela Augustine, Laura Starr, Kelcie Jones
Chambar offers a unique pairing of Belgian and North African influences. Wherever possible, organic and local ingredients are combined to create fantastic food that reflects the seasons. The menu is a diverse offering of appetizers, moule frites, and main courses of lamb, duck, and venison. A variety of Belgian beers are also available, and can be paired with any item on the menu. At the bar, an award winning cocktail list boasts an extensive array of infused spirits and fresh local fruit. The long walnut bar is perfect place to enjoy a pre-dinner dinner drink or to catch up with old friends. In the dining room blood red booths are high enough to allow for privacy, and maybe just a hint of debauchery, while Italian designed chairs and an eclectic and rotating art collection complement Chambar’s heritage surroundings beautifully. Open for breakfast, lunch, brunch & dinner 8am – late.
Vancouver Magazine – 2005 Best New Fine Dining
Vancouver Magazine – 2008-2009 Best Other European
Georgia Straight – 2005 Best New Restaurant
Vancouver Courier – 2005 Best New Restaurant
Vancouver Magazine – 2011 Chef of the Year
Georgia Straight – 2008-2014 Best Independent Restaurant