The GOODS from Jamjar
Vancouver, BC | We are seeking a seasoned Director of Operations with the ability to manage the day to day operations of our existing two restaurants and the third one coming in September.
This person will be responsible for coaching, inspiring and motivating while fostering an entrepreneurial environment, supporting the company’s culture and balancing the needs of both our team members and guests. The Director of Operations is responsible for achieving the financial and profitability execution for the budgetary fiscal plan. He or she must be a strategist, problem solver, strong communicator and is well equipped to develop creative solutions and strong business case analysis to support key recommendations and/or proposals with the ownership. He or she will be responsible for building, managing, mentoring, and leading the operations team. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who has worked in fast-growing companies, has experience in handling a wide range of changing management initiatives, and who can work independently.
Success in this position means that the individual be exceptionally well organized, flexible and patient, and enjoy the challenges of supporting and motivating a team of dedicated restaurant professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
·Experience in Opening Restaurants and Developing Concepts Work with Ops team to monitor day-to- day operations. Visit restaurants regularly to ensure that all aspects of the business meet established guidelines and standards.
· Partner with the executive team to develop key initiatives and company-wide strategic direction.
· Provide metrics, dashboard systems, and reporting that help the company manage its return on investment.
· Hire, develop and evaluate management talent to maintain an adequate team to meet turnover, succession and growth needs and to ensure the readiness of top talent to take on additional responsibilities.
· Provide operational assistance, on going coaching, and the implementation of professional development tools and annual performance reviews with a focus on building the bench.
· Assist with the development of tactical strategic plans and ensuring the completion of each, holding individuals accountable for assigned tasks.
· Monitor all aspects of the business by using the various methods and reporting tools available (Daily sales reports, guest feedback, labor and food cost tools), then using the data to coach and reach established goals.
· Work with Ops teams, managers and Exec Chefs to manage restaurant profits and loss and assist them in analyzing the factors that impact each line item to accomplish financial targets.
· Develop and maintain relationships across the company to ensure productive partnerships with various business units and disciplines at the home office.
· Demonstrate progress through analysis and forecasting, and presentation of conclusions and recommendations to executive team.
· Play an active role during the pre and post opening of new restaurants including hiring, recruiting and training.
· Maintain strong industry network and local market knowledge for each restaurant.
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience is required.
· Strong metric analysis skills to diagnose and coach ops team to improved performance
· Management activity must include the training, directing and evaluating of direct reports.
· Must possess excellent and proven people management skills, including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
· Must have a successful track record in leading operations team meeting budgetary sales and profitability objectives.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by emailing email@example.com with a cover letter & resume.
THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE IT HAPPEN
Owner: Fadi Eid
Jamjar is a “from scratch” approach kitchen inspired by traditional eastern Mediterranean flavours and a passion for home-style Lebanese cooking. Due to the abundance of fruit and produce in Lebanon, households often convert their excess fruits into jam, and in true Levantine spirit they share their creations with neighbours and friends.
At Jamjar, we replicate this gesture of unspoken generosity and showing of affection through food, on a daily basis. We source our produce daily, ensuring our food is always fresh. We also partner with local producers and suppliers in order to support the local community that supports us in turn. In keeping with tradition, Jamjar sells its dips in recyclable mason jars that customers bring back for refills at a discount.
Located on diverse Commercial Drive, Jamjar weaves perfectly into the rich tapestry of cultures found in this welcoming neighbourhood.
For the best Lebanese Food in Vancouver | “Let’s hear it for Jamjar who has taught us to love, love, love hummus. It’s sooo good here!” Mia Standby, The Vancouver Sun.