The GOODS from JoieFarm
Vancouver, BC | Joie (pronounced zh-wah) is a farmhouse winery on the beautiful Naramata Bench internationally celebrated for its aromatic whites and Burgundian-style Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. As an active participant in the local food and wine culture of the Canadian Pacific West Coast, we create wines that intentionally pair with local cuisine and in 2017 will be showcasing them in our new hospitality facility. We are seeking knowledgeable and passionate professionals to join our Tasting Room team — food and wine lovers dedicated to promoting the potential of aromatic whites and Burgundian reds as the signature wines of our cool-climate winemaking region. This is an exciting opportunity to work in Joie’s new Tasting Room and contribute to our developing systems and hospitality program.
Position: Wine Enthusiast
Employment Dates: May 2017 – October 2017 (casual/seasonal)
Apply via e-mail to: caryn [at] joiefarm.com.
Requirements (inclusive but not limited to):
– Experience in hospitality
– Ability to safely lift 50lbs
– Serving It Right Certified
– WSET Level II or higher
– High salesmanship across diverse environments
– Second language is an asset
– Professionalism, maturity, grace and confidence
– Project a polished and professional outward image in both dress and manners
– Ability to work in a team and independently
– Efficient worker and ability to problem solve
– Outstanding communication and customer service skills with an ability to adapt to diverse levels of guest knowledge
– Comfort presenting in front of large groups
Daily Responsibilities (inclusive but not limited to):
– Maintaining the cleanliness of the hospitality space including tasting rooms, walkways, restrooms, and picnic area;
– Ensuring the tasting bars are well stocked, free of clutter, and ready to receive visitors;
– Host winery guests with confidence and enthusiasm;
– Communicate Joie’s winemaking style, operations, and curate a memorable experience to the guest’s knowledge level;
– Act as ambassador to Okanagan’s food and wine culture with personal experience and recommendations.
Noelle Starzynski | General Manager
Heidi Noble | Winemaker & Owner
JoieFarm is owned and operated by Heidi Noble and is located on their farm on the beautiful Naramata Bench in the Okanagan Valley in the interior of British Columbia. JoieFarm is interested exclusively in the grape varieties of Alsace, Burgundy and Champagne which excel in the cool-climate, desert landscape of the Okanagan and Similkameen Valleys. We are particularly interested in making these wines because not only are they wines that we love and enjoy drinking, but we feel these varieties thrive and are relevant in our area. As young winemakers at the forefront of a new wine region, we are interested in exploring the potential and synergy between these aromatic varietals and their role in distinguishing the culinary West Coast of Canada as an emerging and unified cuisine.