THE GOODS FROM TOPTABLE
Whistler, BC | Toptable Group is looking for an individual to join our team as a Controller in the Whistler, British Columbia region. Reporting to the Director of Finance and working closely with the Controller of Araxi Restaurant, this position will oversee various Toptable Venues in Whistler from a financial perspective. This position also provides direct support to the executive chef and restaurant director of each respective venue for operational finance solutions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned from time to time):
-Oversees the finance function for Bar Oso, Il Caminetto, and future Whistler restaurants
-Oversees all aspects of full-cycle accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, daily cash reconciliations, bank reconciliations, accrual schedules, prepaid schedules, PPE schedules, government remittances etc.
– Performs Payroll tasks, which include personnel files, benefits administration, regulatory requirements, processing pay runs, actual to budget comparisons, etc.
– Prepares weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly financial reports for Head Office and Operations
– Prepares detailed analysis of monthly performances to budget, generating revised forecasts and developing action plan with operations team accordingly
– Creates and maintains strong financial controls and processes throughout all aspects of the business
– Assists Operations to evaluate, establish, and implement new business processes
– Works closely with Operations to provide timely, accurate financial analysis to help in either ad hoc optimization studies or ongoing margin analysis by all products
– Responds to enquiries regarding financial results and special reporting requests
– Ensures that action taken by Operations are financially sound
– Serves as the liaison between venues and Head Office
– Assists with implementation and integration of new systems IT systems (inventory, POS, accounting).
– Provides overall financial support, occasionally coaching Operations team on financially sound principles to ensure – growth of the bottom line
– Builds relationship with local businesses, partners, and groups to generate goodwill and synergies
– Critical about financial performance, actively seeking solutions through vendor negotiations and quote comparisons
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– Professional accounting designation: CPA
– Minimum 5 years’ directly related finance experience
– Experience with complex budgets, forecasting
– Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
– Strong computer skills, with advanced knowledge of MSExcel
– A proven record of streamlining financial operations and improving and creating processes
– A proactive, self-starter with the ability to be independent and stay one step ahead
– Experience in an organization that has opened/acquired a new business/venue is a strong asset
– Knowledge of Sage 300 and POS systems is an asset.
– Experience in restaurant/hospitality finance is an asset
– Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize
To apply, please visit www.toptable.ca/careers/controller-whistler.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be able to respond to those selected for an interview.