The GOODS from Chambar
Vancouver, BC | The Floor Service Manager is a key front-line manager responsible for the performance and management of the FOH Service Team. This role is also responsible for executing operational and administrative duties. Some key tasks include:
– Ensures total guest satisfaction while on the floor during service
– Takes an active role on floor
– Opening and/or Closing responsibilities
– Oversees the training and development of new staff
· Ability to successfully field guest complaints.
· Proven record of extra-ordinary guest service.
· Experience with Bookenda, OpenTable or equivalent reservation system.
· Ability to manage a high performing team.
· Excellent customer service skills driven by the ability to provide the highest quality of professional service.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which promote an atmosphere of mutual respect.
· Energizes staff by creating an atmosphere of trust, accessibility, optimism and integrity.
· Ability to escalate issues or concerns in a positive, solution oriented manner when needed.
Full availability for AM and PM Service is a must. Please send resume with cover letter and references in confidence to edwyn [at] chambar.com.
Owner / Operators: Nico and Karri Schuermans
Chef: Nico Schuermans
Executive Chef: Michael Paolino
General Manager: Edwyn Kumar
Sommeliers: Kaela Augustine, Laura Starr, Maude Renaud-Brisson
Chambar offers a unique pairing of Belgian and North African influences. Wherever possible, organic and local ingredients are combined to create fantastic food that reflects the seasons. The menu is a diverse offering of appetizers, moule frites, and main courses of lamb, duck, and venison. A variety of Belgian beers are also available, and can be paired with any item on the menu. At the bar, an award winning cocktail list boasts an extensive array of infused spirits and fresh local fruit. The long walnut bar is perfect place to enjoy a pre-dinner dinner drink or to catch up with old friends. In the dining room blood red booths are high enough to allow for privacy, and maybe just a hint of debauchery, while Italian designed chairs and an eclectic and rotating art collection complement Chambar’s heritage surroundings beautifully. Open for breakfast, lunch, brunch & dinner 8am – late.
Vancouver Magazine – 2005 Best New Fine Dining
Vancouver Magazine – 2008-2009 Best Other European
Georgia Straight – 2005 Best New Restaurant
Vancouver Courier – 2005 Best New Restaurant
Vancouver Magazine – 2011 Chef of the Year
Georgia Straight – 2008-2014 Best Independent Restaurant