The GOODS from Bodega Ridge
Galiano Island, BC | Do you have a passion for the hospitality industry? Do you want to grow your Management skills in a unique environment? Join us at Bodega Ridge on Galiano Island as our new Assistant General Manager.
Bodega Ridge is hiring for the 2017 Season! We are searching for an Assistant General Manager to help run our rapidly growing business here on Galiano Island. Being part of the Management Team, reporting directly to the Owner, this role overseas all day to day operations of Bodega Ridge from the Front of House service staff, Cleaning Staff, the Event Manager and working with the Executive Chef and their team.
This is an opportunity for a candidate with the right mix of Restaurant Management or Supervisory experience looking to bring their exceptional service skills and standards to our team at Bodega Ridge and to further hone their management and operational skills.
Bodega Ridge is located on the northern end of Galiano Island and is a beautiful place to live, play and work!
– Responsible for the flawless planning and execution of all events held at Bodega Ridge by the Event Manager.
– Manages the recruitment, hiring, terminations and review process for all employees at Bodega Ridge.
– Ensures all employees and contractors fill out all applicable paperwork and agree to all policies and procedures.
– Ensures employees are trained to the highest standard utilizing guides and checklists.
– Ensures all employees are fulfilling their roles as per their respective Job Descriptions.
– Oversees housecleaning team and ensures 100% cleanliness of the site at all times.
– Ensures all employees adhere to Provincial Employment Standards, and any Bodega employment policies where they exist.
– Sets a tone of friendly professionalism, accountability and accessibility throughout the entire business, FOH/BOH teams including landscape/maintenance crews, the housekeeping team, contractors and any other members of the Bodega Ridge extended team.
Ensuring Superior Quality of Service
– Motivates and ensures all team members provide exceptional guest service.
– Takes an active, ‘hands on’ role during time in service.
– Works to maintain high staff morale and ensure that shines through service.
– Is present onsite as one of the main ‘faces to the guest’ for guest arrival and is one of the main contacts for guests while they are staying with Bodega.
– Writes the FOH schedule.
Upholding Excellence in Food and Beverage Standards
– Maintains and support the high standards of food quality and plate presentations set forth from the Ownership and Chef.
– Meets and or exceeds the guest’s expectation in quality, value and presentation of all food and beverage items, including meeting guests’ specific or unique dietary needs.
– Works with Executive Chef and Owner to ensure menu development is always to the highest standard and meets guests’ expectations with an eye to menu pricing.
– Manages liquor inventories (orders, counts, enters, reconciles) and provides reporting of variances to Owner. – –
– Oversees completion of Kitchen inventory.
Facility and Atmosphere Management
– Always ‘sees what the guest sees’ in creating an absolutely welcoming environment at all times. Always goes the extra mile for guests and staff.
– Ensures absolute cleanliness and good maintenance of the buildings and area surrounding at all times including, but not limited to, guest rooms/cabins, the lodge, all dining areas, and all common areas visible to guests.
– Upholds the Bodega brand by setting the tone on site through music, staff apparel, staff conduct, flowers, decorations, food and beverage product and service.
– Ensures at all times Employee, Contractor and Guest health and safety onsite.
Managing the Business Fundamentals
– Regularly reviews and analyses applicable financial statements or management reports.
– Works with Owner to grow revenues by creating opportunity for new business and to help execute the annual promotional plan.
– Provides bookkeeping with reporting or other information as they request.
Experience & Education Required
– Minimum 1 year in a Supervisory or Management role in a fine dining restaurant.
– Minimum 3 years in a server role in a fine dining or equivalent restaurant.
– Proven track record in working on stellar teams.
– A passion for creating a memorable atmosphere for guests.
– Familiarly in executing against an annual forecast and promotional plan preferred but not mandatory.
– A sense of business acumen and comfort in dealing with business calculations.
– Ability to work with data and reporting (in Excel or comparable system).
– Proficient in MS Office.
– Proficiency in English is a must; with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– University or College Degree is preferred.
– Good knowledge of Employment Standards and of WCB regulations.
– Solves problems creatively. Takes the lead especially in times of crises or need.
– Ability to maintain a high level of productivity of themselves and their staff.
– Ability to effectively plan and lead meetings resulting in tangible outcomes.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate with accountability wherever possible.
– Understands the management fundamentals which drive a healthy restaurant business.
– Ability to seek out Owners regularly for input, feedback and to provide status updates with the ability to ‘manage up’.
– A passion for putting the guest experience first with the understanding that only an excellent, high performing team can provide the highest caliber service.
– This is a full-time, permanent salaried position.
– Schedule will change and adapt to event calendar.
– Valid Drivers’ License required.
– This position requires the employee to live on Galiano Island.
– Accommodation is available for rent if needed.
– Salary commensurate with experience.
– Health spending allowance available.
– Relocation allowance available.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to jesse [at] bodegaridge.com. We will be in touch with you if you are chosen for an interview.
We look forward to receiving your application.
120 Manastee Rd., Box 115
Galiano Island, BC Canada, V0N 1P0
Toll Free US & Canada: 1-877-604-2677
Twitter | Facebook
Jesse Keefer, Proprietor
A native of Vancouver, Jesse was a regular visitor to Galiano Island since he was a child. He purchased the Bodega Ridge property in 2005 and has been welcoming his own visitors ever since. Whether you are enjoying a quiet couples weekend or are part of a large event, Jesse will go the extra mile to make you feel at home.
Prior to his involvement in Bodega Ridge, Jesse was a competitive cyclist competing in elite level races in both mountain and road biking. Jesse is one of the few athletes to earn medals in both road and mountain biking at the Canadian National Championships and won over 40 races in a career that spanned over 10 years, when he wasn’t injured, his bike wasn’t broken or he was upside down in a mud puddle. Jesse has been on Galiano for 6 years and has been visiting since he was a child. Please be sure to track him down and ask him where all the best areas are for outdoor fun on the island.
About Bodega Ridge
Even in the paradise that is the Gulf Islands, Bodega Ridge stands out for its spectacular location and natural beauty. Located near the Northwest tip of Galiano Island, Bodega Ridge is an idyllic setting for retreats, corporate events and weddings.
The seven bright, spacious log cabins and the main lodge which make up the resort are situated on 22 acres of pristine coastal land ideal for year-round recreation.
Positioned in the rain shadow of the Vancouver Island mountains, Galiano Island enjoys significantly less rain than the mainland and most of coastal BC. The West Coast of Galiano Island is dotted with many protected lands and parks and guests can use any of three beach accesses within a kilometre of the resort. The gently sloping terrain of the property has extensive landscaping, ponds, native plants and rock sculpture. It’s bright and sunny with spectacular meadows, arbutus trees, orchids and wildflowers. There are numerous productive grape vines and fruit trees including fig, pear, plum, peach, apple, kiwi and cherry. The lodge, dining hall and cabins have all been positioned to take advantage of the amazing sunsets.
Bodega has seven charming, self-contained log cabins, all with three bedrooms, living room, full kitchen and bath. Each cabin sleeps six comfortably, and all bedrooms have a queen-size bed with dreamy pillow-top mattress. Take in the view from your cedar deck, have a long soak in the tub, or curl up in front of the woodstove. Each cabin is a home away from home and guests can enjoy as much privacy as they desire.
For visitors who want a little more physical activity, Galiano Island offers a wide variety of superb hiking and biking in a number of parks and protected areas. The Bodega Ridge Team can also arrange boat charters for fishing and sightseeing and Galiano Island even offers a 9-hole course set amid the lush scenery.
Catering and Dining
Bodega Ridge has hired Josh Blumenthal as it’s executive chef for 2017. Josh graduated with honours from the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts after which Josh split his time between some of Vancouver’s finest restaurants (West, Wildebeest, Bishop’s and Michelin starred kitchens in London and Copenhagen.
Josh’s diverse range of talents include being classically trained as butcher and local food proponent with an interest in developing a farm at Bodega Ridge. Prior to signing with Bodega Ridge, Josh has been busy with Elementa,of which he is a co-founder of, a collective of young culinary talents, who specialize in pop-up dinners and private events.
Bodega has a cocktail list curated by Yacine Sylla and a diverse wine list that has a strong focus on Southern Vancouver and Gulf Island offerings.
For complete information including rates, reservations, galleries and contact details, visit www.bodegaridge.com.