The GOODS from Notturno
Vancouver, BC | Notturno’s ever-changing food and cocktail program means there’s never a dull moment, even for the most regular of customers. We’re pleased to announce our May menu, which includes the return of last year’s most popular feature – the beef carpaccio with garlic puree, capers, marsala braised onions and carta di musica. Details after the jump…
• Warm salt cod and chickpea salad with cracked chilies, shallots, herbs, extra virgin olive oil and prosecco vinegar
• Potted chicken livers with a chianti red wine and white truffle essence gelatina
• Marinated Italian white anchovies and gorgonzola dolce
• Beef carpaccio, garlic puree, capers, marsala braised onions and carta di musica
• Bocconcini, extra virgin olive oil, mint, cracked chilies and maldon salt
• Steamed clams, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, shallots, white wine, herbs and toasted bread crumbs
• Veal piccata, cured lemon, lemon juice, chicken stock, capers, butter and petite herbs
• Savoury parmesan thyme custard with shaved Italian black summer truffles and green bean salad
• Burrata with lentil salad, mustard vinaigrette and basil puree
• Tiramisu pots
• South sea dipper – rum, pineapple juice, passion fruit liqueur and lemon juice
• Southern hand of God – mescal, bourbon, lemon juice, blueberry and grenadine syrup, angostura bitters and scrappy’s firewater bitters
• May the firth be with you – scotch, absinthe, wormwood tincture syrup, lemon juice and egg whites
• Cinerama – raisin infused rum, popcorn syrup, lemon juice and a splash of coke
280 Carrall Street | Vancouver, BC
Telephone: 604-720-3145 | Email: info [at] notturnogastown.ca
Web: www.notturnogastown.ca | Twitter: @notturnogastown
Hours: Open Tuesday to Saturday: 6 p.m. to late | No reservations
Chef/Co-owner – William Robitaille
Bartender – H
Co-owner – Scott McTavish
Wine Consultant – Chris Royal
A Gastown Italian bàcari with an ever-changing selection of cicchetti share plates, craft cocktails, wines by the glass and BC-brewed craft beers, Notturno has something for everyone.
Chef and co-owner William Robitaille has designed Italian-inspired fare with a focus on seasonal, market-fresh products. Industry trained in the West Coast style with Italian and Spanish influences, Robitaille has worked in some of the finest restaurants in Vancouver and Whistler where he developed new and exciting menus. Wine consultant Chris Royal has curated a wine program that expertly complements the food menu.
Known around the world simply as “H”, Notturno’s craft cocktail maker and Vancouver Magazine’s Bartender of the Year for 2013, designed our signature cocktail Gli Felice. This along with H’s five monthly creations is sure to please every taste. Like our menu, our space delivers an eclectic combination of historic and modern.
The new look by Andrea Rodman Interiors is designed to combine the rustic look synonymous with the surrounding Gastown neighbourhood and modern detailing. Master woodworkers Josh Hooge and Steve McFarlane of J&S Reclaimed Wood Custom Furniture have created a new feature wall and bar counter.
Eater Magazine – Vancouver Heat Map | This tiny bar and restaurant tucked away on Carrall has cocktail fans thoroughly over-excited thanks to bartender H’s creative concoctions – impressively, William Robitaille’s Italian tapas even delighted notoriously hard-to-please Globe & Mail critic Alexandra Gill.
Alexandra Gill, Globe and Mail | Notturno’s signature Gli Felice is, as advertised, “a taste of Tuscany in a glass.” I happily say to you that of all the tiny tapas-style wine bars in Gastown, Notturno hits higher than most.
Vancouver Magazine | Don’t miss chef’s succulent Venetian ling cod, which is poached and whipped with olive oil while warm, then served with salty pops of steelhead roe […] “H” (Vancouver magazine’s 2013 Bartender of the Year) mixes exacting craft cocktails with bitter-predominant Italian flair.