The GOODS from Wildebeest
Vancouver, BC | On Tuesday, November 12th, Wildebeest will present our second bourbon supper in our ongoing series of pairing dinners. Join us in our private dining room for a welcome cocktail followed by five delicious courses, each paired with a different delicious bourbon from the house of Buffalo Trace. This time, think Eagle Rare, W.L. Weller, Ridgemont 1792, and other beauties served straight up or as a cocktail best suited to each course. And here’s what you’ll be enjoying with those lovely liquids…
THE BUFFALO & THE BEEST
Sawmill Bay oysters, candied lemon, bourbon mist
– W.L. Weller ‘Wheated’ Bourbon – Pig’s head terrine, porcini mushrooms, smoked quail egg
– Sazerac 6 Year Rye – Lamb tartare, heritage onions, horseradish emulsion, mustard seed gastrique
– Buffalo Trace Bourbon – Line-caught local cod, baby cabbage, sea urchin
– Buffalo Trace ‘Bensonhurst’ – Charred brassica, smoked ricotta, wheatberries
– Eagle Rare 10 Year – Aged pigeon, sunchokes, pear & chestnut sauce
– Ridgemont Reserve 1792 – East Van Roasters chocolate, parsnip pannacotta, walnut crumb
Tickets are $75, and very limited, available via email: eat [at] wildebeest.ca.
120 West Hastings Street | Vancouver, BC
Web: www.wildebeest.ca | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
Open for dinner nightly 5pm to midnight | Weekend Brunch 10am to 2pm.
Josh Pape: Owner/Operator
James Iranzad: Owner/Operator
Wesley Young: Executive Chef
Wildebeest invites you to experience unabashedly adventurous, yet simple cooking at its finest set against the history of the Vancouver neighbourhood of Gastown. Explore whole-animal cookery paired with a diverse selection of Old and New World wines and a carefully crafted cocktail list. Set in a refurbished 19th century building, the multi-level space offers a front house cocktail bar & lounge, open-concept kitchen complete with large kitchen tables, an inviting dining room with banquette seating, and an intimately-set underground wine bar.
The gastronomically daring menu focuses on whole-animal cookery prepared with the utmost integrity. Each and every component has been thoughtfully nurtured by the restaurant’s executive chef, Wesley Young, from field to finish. Working closely with surrounding farms and farmers to raise animals and grow custom produce, the team at Wildebeest has crafted a menu unlike anything yet explored in Vancouver.