by Robyn Yager | Kitsilano’s always dependable Gravity Pope is having an Outlet Sale starting this Thursday, May 9th (runs until May 12th). The shop has some of the best threads and footwear in the city. Check out their Facebook page for more details.
Want to know the real reason behind Nicholas Guesquiere’s departure from Balenciaga? Ooh, the ugliness of politics in fashion!
The Globe & Mail asks: Why shop Canadian?
Community Thrift and Vintage on Cordova Street is in need of some part time help starting in June. That’s three to four days a week in the shop as well as picking out vintage. Think you’ve got what it takes to hunt and sell kickass vintage? Email them for more details.
Get your athleticism on in some pretty new shoes! Nike and Liberty of London have teamed up again for some fun footwear. I’m down for the pink Nike Air Max with yellow flowers (so pretty and functional). Check them here. (via Hearty Magazine)
Weirdly continuing on with the sports theme, check out this collection of designer sporting gear featuring croquet sets, boxing gloves, surfboards, and a bicycle saddle. Unnecessary? Yes. Sweet? Undeniably. (via Sharp Magazine)
The late Isabelle Blow’s wardrobe is set to go on display at Somerset House in London this November. The eccentric fashionista who passed away in 2007 after battling depression is noted for the discovery of Alexander McQueen and milliner Philip Treacy. The exhibition a collaborative effort between the Isabella Blow Foundation and Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design. (via Telegraph)
Local looks and wants deciphered from the photographs up top…
1. Statement necklaces would look great with a simple white tee and denim shorts.
2. A floral print London Alexander button up.
3. Imagine combat boots and a pretty white spring dress. Why not?
4. Colourful striped dress and a crystal necklace by Rish Jewelry.
5. A good-looking Instagram battle.
6. Stripes and sportcoat. Looking stylish for a wine preview at Nouvelle Nouvelle.
7. Ora bags are a great and hassle free piece to lug your beach stuff around.
8. Mount Pleasant Athletic Club – get your workout on this this shirt.
Robyn Yager is the style reporter for Scout Magazine. She is enthused by anything out of the ordinary, loving art, striped shirts, macchiatos, classic literature and picking through thrift stores for unique treasures. Her mission is to inspire Vancouverites in their sartorial choices and to see beauty and style everywhere.