OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS: Vancouver Urban Winery Looking For An Accounting Manager
The GOODS from Vancouver Urban Winery
Vancouver, BC | Vancouver Urban Winery is looking for an energetic, organized and passionate individual to fill the role of Accounting Manager. The Winery is a dynamic, exciting, and fast-pace environment with a growing team. As Accounting Manager, you will be an important asset to the success of the business. Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to enjoy a glass of wine are also key personality traits. Responsibilities, required experience/skills, and details after the jump…
• Responsible for managing leading edge financial software
• Preparation of timely and accurate financial reports
• Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows. Report back to management on any variances and shortfalls
• Recommends and contributes to strategic plans and reviews
• Ensure that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained for efficient and reliable financial operations.
• Manage full cycle accounting functions from accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, tax remittances
Required Experience and Skills
• 5 plus years of full-cycle accounting experience
• Fully designated accountant (CA, CGA, or CMA)
• Experience working with auditors preferred
• Experience in implementing accounting software and control systems
• Insight into controls systems and financial software for scaling business growth
• Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Quickbooks proficient
• Exceptional ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency
• Ability to learn new skills and processes quickly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self motivated and entrepreneurial attitude
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
The People Who Make It Happen
Steve Thorp | Co-Founder, COO
Mike Macquisten | Co-Founder, CEO
Wayne Holm | Partner
Kate Marshall | Facility Coordinator
Tony Trieu | Design, Logistics
Kelly Symonds | Winemaker
David Stansfield | Sommelier
About Vancouver Urban Winery
Vancouver Urban Winery is located two blocks off Gastown in the historic heart of Vancouver’s Railtown. The 7,700 square foot urban winery is the first of its kind in Vancouver and also operates as a unique special events space. The winery features a tasting bar where consumers can learn about British Columbia wines, and the exploding wine-on-tap category.
Alongside the tasting bar sits a boutique wine shop full of local items, wine merchandise, artisan foods and beverages……and plenty of wine!
The winery manufactures, packages, imports and distributes wine for multiple brands including Roaring Twenties Wine Co. The operations of FreshTAP, which specialize in packaging quality wines in stainless steel kegs for the emerging wine-on-tap category also takes place within the Vancouver Urban Winery.
As an urban winery the business is not attached to a specific vineyard. This enables the winery to source wine grapes and finished product from any appellation in the world.
The urban winery concept brings the consumer closer to the winemaking experience in a more meaningful way than a simple wine bar or retail space might. Wine aficionados traditionally travel to remote areas to learn about winemaking firsthand and to taste the offerings of a wine producer in the setting in which they were made. Now, many urban dwellers can hop in their car for a short drive, take public transport or even walk to enjoy an authentic winery experience.