Vancouver Cooks 2 Wins Gold At The Canadian Cookbook Awards

srtgh

Today is Scout’s 2nd birthday, and I could have asked for no better present than the news that has just arrived from Toronto. I am thrilled (and not a little proud) to announce that Vancouver Cooks 2 – the cookbook that I edited with Jamie Maw and Joan Cross for the Chefs’ Table Society of BC – has won Gold at the Canadian Culinary Book Awards. A billion thanks and sincere congratulations to the 70+ local chefs that contributed recipes, and to all the participating restaurants that have been pushing its sale, the proceeds of which go to financing bursaries for emerging culinary talents, culinary education programs in BC schools and sustainability events like the annual Spot Prawn Festival.

PS. Honour is also due to John Bishop (interview) for his taking home the Edna Award for Lifetime Achievement.

6 Responses to “Vancouver Cooks 2 Wins Gold At The Canadian Cookbook Awards”

1. Patricia on November 6th, 2010 2:05 pm

Richly deserved. Thanks for all your hard work on this great project Andrew!

2. Scout Magazine on November 6th, 2010 2:12 pm

Thank you. It was a collaborative. If Joan Cross, Jamie Maw, our publisher Douglas & McIntyre, and the CTS Board of Directors were with me in the office today, I’d be opening five more bottles… ;-)

3. Mark_Wong on November 6th, 2010 2:21 pm

Happy Birthday to SCOUT!

4. Denise Chan on November 6th, 2010 3:25 pm

Congratulations on the birthday, Scout – from a daily reader. I am not much of a “foodie” so please excuse the fact that I have never heard of your book! Where can I find it?

5. Scout Magazine on November 6th, 2010 3:40 pm

Thanks Denise. All the major bookstores carry it (even BC Ferries), but do your best to pick it up at a smaller independent shop for the sake of good karma. If you bought yours at Barbara-Jo’s “Books To Cooks”, the planets will align and shine a special light on you for the rest of the week. I think most of the participating restaurants in the book sell it as well. The next time you make a reservation at any local establishment, ask if they carry it.

6. Ratatouille goodness plus a cinema to savour : Tiny Bites on November 18th, 2010 2:32 pm

[...] Prawn Festival each May and the ones that produced the Vancouver Cooks 2 cookbook (which recently won Gold in its category at the Canadian Cookbook awards). On Monday, board member Chef Scott Jaeger of Pear [...]