First Look Inside West 4th’s New “Refuel” Restaurant And Bar…

IMG_9515

As regular readers are aware, Kitsilano’s Fuel restaurant served its last customer last night. There was little time for ceremony, however, as its metamorphosis into Refuel, a casual and significantly less expensive operation, is slated for quick turnaround. Opening dinner service is in two days. Wednesday.

From what I saw tonight they’ve already achieved plenty. The menu also seems very much squared away, together with a fat new selection of quality hard-to-hook-up beers (I did enough product sampling to disorient a bear).

The room has already undergone enough re-imagining to make it hard to remember what it looked like just a few days prior. It’s pretty cool. Check the photos below for more of what I saw. Perhaps I’ll see you Wednesday.

All Anticipated Openings

—————————————————————————————

recommended17

7 Responses to “First Look Inside West 4th’s New “Refuel” Restaurant And Bar…”

1. Mel @ bouchonfor2.com on December 1st, 2009 9:34 am

I’m still shocked at how quickly the reopening is happening. It’s created a lot of necessary buzz, I must say.

Best of luck and looking forward to the new establishment.

2. Billy Bob on December 1st, 2009 12:40 pm

Only went once to Fuel probably won’t bother going to Refuel. No import beers on that list shown and the food depicted looks heavy. Nice light fixture though!

3. George Baugh on December 1st, 2009 6:01 pm

It’s beef tallow Andrew.

4. Scout Magazine on December 1st, 2009 6:27 pm

Ha! I know. Must have had the marrow still on the brain when I wrote that caption. Thanks for the catch all the same!

5. khristian on December 1st, 2009 8:34 pm

Hope there’s still lots of (good) German Riesling to wash down the fried-chicken and the pork!

6. Tommy Deal WIth It on December 2nd, 2009 12:43 am

Hi Billy Bob, you might notice the beer picture page had ‘canada’ as the heading, meaning those beers are local. Page two has beers from the US and page three has beers from the rest of the world. Since you already decided not to come, I just thought you should know.

7. Katharine on December 2nd, 2009 1:22 am

Hi Billy Bob.

Only the beers from Canada are shown in Andrew’s pic, there are a few more pages on that clip board that include international beers. We offer some lighter dishes on the menu too. Stop by some time and check it out.

Cheers!